Salt Water Hippo

Salt Water Hippo's SandBox Overseer Application

What server are you applying for?: SandBox
What is your in-game name / name you like to go by: SaltWaterHippo
How much experience do you have in the gamemode?: I have played on multiple sandbox server including most of the top ones such as egg
I have a lot of experience with the popular add-on WIREMOD which most servers are using
I have previous staff experience from JB
I briefly attempted to set up my own server
I also have experience with the other mod we offer Harry Poter Spells
What brings you to apply?: Well, I want Overseer so that I can help the server more directly. This is not as much staffing as it is trying to get add-ons working and making the server better with add-ons and promotion including events. I also want to rework the rank system on sandbox as it is not up to date and also would like to re-work the rule books and help clearly define what is rule breaking and what is not. I also feel very strongly about asking other players for the ideas. I think that you all should contribute extra ideas and we will have a vote. I think that while the community should have more control a small check and balances system should be in a place where overrides can happen so I am not stuck on personal Bias.My full list will be as follows:

* Allow WIREMOD to be used by everyone
* Rework ranks to current ranks
* Ask about popular add-ons and see if we can add them
* change the loading screen
* add custom point items
* get events to be hosted
* rework rulebook
* Promote our server to other players
* Make it easier to use via a starter handbook
* A few other suggestions from the what you think is a good idea

* Add maps/map vote system
What traits do you think exemplify you as a potential leader?: * I have good ideas
* I have the previous experience
* I enjoy playing sandbox
* I am already staff
* I will be fairer and ask the community more
* I attended every meeting possible
* I don't go over the top
* I help the other players

What is the biggest issue today with that gamemode, and what can we do to make it better?: We have a lack of player but I believe it is harsh permissions. If I get overseer I personally promise to help get permission reworked to a point where at least 7/10 people think its fair. I will ask as many people as possible to prevent outliers in the forum and make sure that what is fair is actually on the server. I think that with a mixture of re-worked permissions and new add-ons we can get the server populated multiple times a day with little interference or issues.
What is your current position within Hearthigen?: Sandbox Mod (currently says officer getting that fixed)
How long have you been in Hearthigen?: Almost 2 years. Will be 2 years on March 16.

Edited by Salt Water Hippo
  • Merry CHRISTMAS! 1

Awards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use