Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boomstick

Changes to Future (Possibly) Gang v. PD Events?

I thought I would make this post as a thread to discuss the potential changes to future events.

For those that don't know, there was a DarkRP event today where the Cops and a gang called the Reaperz had an all out street war. Several rounds of brawl and chaos ensued, as the police lost the mayor in one of the rounds, the gang stronghold was raided and our leader killed, and finally, the failed raid of the police dept.

It was fun, don't get me wrong, but there are changes needed to make events in the future run smoother and better for the players involved.

During the event, vehicles and rocket launchers crashed the game, and several players experienced complete game crashes due to other reasons like gunfire, etc.

The police also had spawned props to prevent the gangsters from flanking. Props were allowed, but they were intended to be used as cover, not as a means to completely block off a route.

The gangsters were also alleged to be exploiting windows to shoot the police from via fading doors and what not.

Whenever people on both sides died, it was unfair for either side to be spawn camped by the opposing side using snipers to prevent passage.

The raid on the PD also had its issues, as the gangsters had (to my knowledge) no battering rams to bust the PD doors.

I think the issues above can be absolutely prevented in the next big DarkRP lore/story event for sure. I think some fixes to benefit both sides would be beneficial, such as:

-Police not being able to completely block off a street (same goes for the gangsters). If a side is worried about being flanked, set up people with guns to watch that flank, use other forms of barricades, etc

-Restrictions on fading doors to make it balanced for both sides.

-Spawn points for the PD/Gang instead of somebody manually tping people

The fixes above certainly cannot all be done by Heliuxen alone, either. Some of these fixes would have to be policed by staff to ensure fairness on all sides.

Let me know what you think should be fixed in the event, etc. 

Awards

I think we should set spawn points if possible for both teams, maybe even spawn timers.    People should have to use keypads/buttons for fading doors and during the event 1 person in the reaper class should get 1 m9k c4 for a little of an advantage, you should give the reapers very fast lockpicks and keypad crackers to.

Both teams need a medic class during the event.

4 hours ago, Redfive11 said:

I think we should set spawn points if possible for both teams, maybe even spawn timers.    People should have to use keypads/buttons for fading doors and during the event 1 person in the reaper class should get 1 m9k c4 for a little of an advantage, you should give the reapers very fast lockpicks and keypad crackers to.

Both teams need a medic class during the event.

there were buttons for the fading doors.

Awards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use