Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecafehcuod

Server admin questions

@ForgetfulCat hey man I know there isn’t a heavy presence on the hearthigen server which Is cool. In the event we’re having an issue, what’s the best way to report/ get in contact. Obviously I’m on the forum so I’ll try to relay messages but I had a few general questions.

is the server set up to auto kick vac bans?

in the event someone is kicked for “flyhacking” or some other reason and we see them again, or see them under an alt, what’s the best way to approach. I don’t know the best way to deal with it. I haven’t been on today but a few buddies have gotten in contact and we’re curious on what to do in the event we think someone is either “hacking” or evading a ban. Any advice would be appreciated and I realize your time is valuable so thanks in advance.

ecafe

18 minutes ago, ecafehcuod said:

@ForgetfulCat hey man I know there isn’t a heavy presence on the hearthigen server which I cool. In the event we’re having an issue, what’s the best way to report/ get in contact. Obviously I’m on the forum so I’ll try to relay messages but I had a few general questions.

is the server set up to auto kick vac bans?

in the event someone is kicked for “flybacking” or some other reason and we see them again, or see them under an alt, what’s the best way to approach. I don’t know the best way to deal with it. I haven’t been on today but a few buddies have gotten in contact and we’re curious on what to do in the event we think someone is either “hacking” or evading a ban. Any advice would be appreciated and I realize your time is valuable so thanks in advance.

ecafe

Use Discord, It's usually the easiest way to get in contact with someone who can deal with the issue

You can join our discord using this link, https://discordapp.com/invite/MdY7d9T

For the VAC ban question, It doesn't autokick for any VAC ban on your record, and if you are VAC banned from rust, im fairly certain you wouldnt be able to join any VAC-Secured server.

If you believe someone is hacking, record as much evidence as you can and bring it up with Forgetful or Moon. 
Do not accuse them of hacking in chat, this makes it more likely for them to toggle the hacks off when you are collecting evidence.

If you believe someone is evading a ban, get the SteamID or Steam profile link if you can, if you cant, screenshot their name and send it to either of them so they can check the connection logs.

Awards

thanks for the info guys. i was just trying to answer some general questions for other people that were on. I think there might've been an issue but it resolved itself and I wanted some insight. Thanks for the quick replies I'm adding the discord and I'll keep all of this in mind for the future.

23 hours ago, KiLLER KLOWN said:

mmmm no 

shut up kid you dont even own the game

22 hours ago, ecafehcuod said:

thanks for the info guys. i was just trying to answer some general questions for other people that were on. I think there might've been an issue but it resolved itself and I wanted some insight. Thanks for the quick replies I'm adding the discord and I'll keep all of this in mind for the future.

No problem dog, just tryin to help ya out and help out the people running it.

Awards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use